Monday, January 20, 2014

What's this about?

As I get older I get more and more in touch with mortality and what it means to live life to its fullest.  For me, at least today, it means that I work through fears and feelings of insecurity.  Thus, I am writing...which is something I am totally insecure about.  So Vicki or Amanda if you read this...please do not judge me on my grammar and sentence structure.  I am pretty sure I will over use ??? and ... but stick with me.  When I think of what careers I wish I would have had journalism is one of the top two.  The other is teaching.  I don't really want to go back to school, again, nor do I want to tackle learning to write in a proper sense....so, I decided to take a risk and figure out how to have a blog.

I am taking photojournalism this semester at North Idaho College.  This is a class I have tried to get into for the last two years and finally I got in.  Even though I am auditing I take it as a serious opportunity to learn and grow.  I love pictures.  I love to take pictures.  I love to talk about pictures.  This blog will be my attempt at photojournalism, my own way.  To face some fears and insecurities and explore myself through words and pictures.   I figure this is a great way to explore my interests, passions, questions, people, locations, everything that makes up my world.  So, if you would like to follow along in my journey for 2014 I welcome you...if not, that's cool too.  

This picture was taken last April at Animal Kingdom at Walt Disney World.  This was my first trip to WDW and I had a blast.  I felt like a kid with a wide eyed sense of wonder.  I understand why people call it a "magical place".


No comments:

Post a Comment